Living a life by faith is humbling. You have to say, "I can't do this on my own" everyday.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Marketer Me


What kind of shoes do you like?
Where would you most likely go on vacation?
Who would you believe more: Brittney or Paris?
What would make you want to eat this more?

Welcome to the world of marketing!

This is one thing that I never thought I would be a part of. Me? Trying to get you to buy something? Nu-uh. Not in a million years!

I guess time flies when you're having fun!

Now, after 10 years of teaching, I find myself in at the buisness end of buisness. The 'how do we get people to want what we have' end. It's facinating and yet so foreign to me. Gimme a kid who doesn't know how to read and BANG! I'll teach him to read. Ask me to try to sell something to you?????? ...........yeah...............

I am learning so much about the concept of 'want vs. need'. Now, make no mistake I am an expert in what I need verses what I want..... I NEEDed that really expensive necklace, NEEDed that vacation, NEEDed that new iPod and totally NEEDed that cheeseburger. I WANT to do my laundry. I WANT to go to the gym. I WANT to do the dishes in the sink. See.... I totally am an expert in the need vs. want area. What I am realizing is that I have to figure out how to be an expert in what YOU want and need.

Thankfully, the company doesn't depend on me for marketing. I'm more of the 'manage the data' part of the company but after sending my ideas to the big guy.... (Insert nail biting noise here). It's fun. It's different. It's..... time for me to get back to work......

No comments:

Post a Comment