Living a life by faith is humbling. You have to say, "I can't do this on my own" everyday.

Monday, September 20, 2010

My New Peeps

When you step into a new job, besides the newness of what you will be doing, where you are and how you have to learn everything over again....there is the people factor. That's right, folks....the new co-workers. (Insert Twilight Zone music sound-bite here)

You never know how people will react to you, to your methods, to your idiosyncrasies. (Or 'my crazy', as I like to call it) But I have to tell you what... my new peeps, rock!

I work with an awesome bunch of people.

Our management team is so fun. They kick some major bootie, when it comes to getting things done. They are on top of things! They have really inspired me to be better at what I do. I am so impressed by the go-getter-all-hands-on-deck attitude of Sharla. I am touched by the sweet but direct guidance of Bonnie. Marilyn's attention to detail and willingness to jump in is incredible. Lynette's determination in spite of difficulties is empowering. Becky's is, well....Becky is awe-inspiring with everything she does! And Carol, the leader of the pack, her vision and energy lead us so well.

God, Thank you for this amazing group of women that you have given me to work with. I pray a blessing over their families. May they have many moments of tenderness and love with their dear ones. I pray a blessing over their work. May the lead tutors, the tutors, the students and school staff enjoy the visits and conversations with these women. May they be fruitful in their work and joyful in their conversations. I pray a blessing over them. May they find rest after busy days, peace in their moments alone and laughter...so much laughter. Lord, thank you for these women.

And let me just tell you about these Lead Tutors we have.... OMBob. (That's from Gloria! She's a stitch!) They are so patient, so focused and so stinkin' funny! I love getting email responses from them replying to my crazy. Most of them are teachers. All of them love their kiddos. It's hard to imagine doing this job with anyone else. They make my job so much easier....even if they have to remind me a few times to get that learning plan to them! (Geeze-o-pete!) They are a definitely a group of cool catz!

Lord, thanks so much for the Lead Tutors that work for us. I pray you would bless their efforts in making the students that are in our program more successful. I pray you would bless their interaction with school leaders, with parents, with tutors and most of all with their kiddos. I pray for their programs to flow smooth. I pray for their minds to be clear so they can trouble-shoot and problem-solve quickly and effectively. I pray for peace in their groups. I pray for success for their kids. I pray for joy as they work in our program.

So, you may ask how I am liking Florida.

Well.... I like it.

And my new peeps are a big part of it! Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment