Living a life by faith is humbling. You have to say, "I can't do this on my own" everyday.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Resolution Solution

Happy 1-1-11 every1!
(I'm so witty!)

Over the past thirty blah-blah years, I have not made resolutions.  I have always felt like it was a bit ridiculous to start something because it's the first day of the year.  Something...that, let's be honest, I probably will quit on Jan 2 of that year.  This year though... I decided I'm gonna give it a try.  I have kinda jumped in big-time too.  I know... I know... maybe not the best idea.  Go from skeptic to die-hard.  Well... we will see! 

I have decided to make a resolution for different parts of my life.  You know physical, intellectual, etc.  I think it may be a fun ride.  So here are my resolutions!

Physical:  Yep... we are going with the exercising plan.  I want to get back to walking Hilda more often.  So... at least 4 times a week, Hilda and I will go for a little trek. 

Intellectual:  I would like to read 20 books this year--from at least 5 genres.  I tend to stick to the same genres so this will make me broaden my horizons.  I will make my list in an entry....you can help me stick to it!

Spiritual:  I want to get back to reading my bible more.  I do church, community, books.... but I have gotten away from spending time learning what God actually says in his word.  I want to read my bible everyday.  Not necessarily hours and hours... but I want to read something.  Whether it's reading a verse and memorizing it, reading a passage and meditating on it or just reading to read a story--  READ.  That's the key.

Food-al:  Fast food only once a week....or maybe twice?  three times?  NO!  Once.  Being out on the road and driving all over makes Micky D's soooo easy.  I need to cut down on the yummy grease.  Sionara Wendy!

Financial:  My super awesome brother-in-law helped me redo my budget.  It is pretty reasonable....when I use it.  So this year... I'm gonna do just that.  Use it.

Social:  Living in a new place, it has been difficult to meet new people.  Honestly... I haven't really tried.  One place I would like to start is our small group/bible study groups at church.  I want to find a small group.  This year, I want to find a community of people that I can do life with.  ...and as much as I heart my sister's friends (which have become my friends, most definitely), I would like to branch out a little more. 

Addendum to Social:  Call/text/FB/chat with my FW friends more!!!  I miss you!!!

Emotional:  I need to take vitamins.  Ugh.  Vitamins.  (I wasn't quite sure what to put for this one.  I figured vitamins would help with crazy moods and how I feel??? I'm gonna try it.)

Explorer-al:  I want to visit one place I haven't been every month.  You know... expand my horizons.  (This will eventually include Italy... but not this year.)

Familial- I need to call/visit my family more often.  We used to chat all the time and now... who knows!  Especially my 91 year old grandma.  I would love to chat with her and learn from her more while she is with us.  (Which will probably be forever!!  Go Grandma!!)  I have moved closer to much of my family now that I am in Florida and I need to take advantage of that!



I might add more but for now... it's a good start.  Here goes my year of resolutions!!  I hope, if you have made resolutions, you are able to follow through and enjoy the journey!!

Happy New Year blogger friends!
~Heather

1 comment: