Living a life by faith is humbling. You have to say, "I can't do this on my own" everyday.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Smelling Roses

How often do we stop and smell the roses?

Do we even have roses to stop and smell, now-a-days?

Sometimes, if you are like me, the roses have lost their smell by the time we get around to smelling them.

Is 'smelling the roses' even important to us anymore? Is it important to me?

Doing life, at the pace that we do life... is crazy! We don't take time to enjoy the crisp autumn breeze, visit the beach to see the sun rise on the horizon, sit and marvel at how a baby learns so fast, read a book, spend time talking with a friend we haven't seen in a while, take a deep breath in a quiet home late at night..... we should do those things.

So here is my challenge to myself and anyone who wants to join me... I want to 'stop and smell the roses' everyday this week. Take a few moments out of each day to think, pray, wonder, smile and to just breathe. I am soooo looking forward to my 'rose smelling moments'.

3 comments:

  1. i love it.

    also, you can send me your email for an invite to our new (and private) blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do I even have your email???? Well....mine is hgunderson217@gmail.com

    See you soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete